When you are small, you fall and scrape your knee. It stings and starts to bleed. You run to Mom, tears flowing down your face, squealing in pain. She picks you up, holds you close and says, "It's going to be okay." Then, she cleans it off, puts some medication on it, adds a Sesame Street bandaid and kisses you on the forehead.
How I wish the soul wounds we carry could be healed just as easy.
Katie Souza of Expected End Ministries says, "Soul wounds are caused by sin. Our sin or a sin committed against us. " They don't show on the outside, but our behavior lets us and others know they are there. We react to someone who compliments us by thinking, "They really don't mean that. They really think I look ugly." You want to receive the compliment, but your wounded soul won't let you.
Your soul wounds are the filter which all of life must past through before it sinks into your mind.
Your soul may be so wounded that the festering wounds start to dominate your behavior and the real you is somehow lost as a result.
Jesus said He came to heal the brokenhearted and BIND OUR WOUNDS.
How does that happen? I suggest these steps to start and continue your healing process:
1. Go before God. Ask Him to show you, one at a time, sins that you have committed or have been committed against you, and then repent of those sins. Forgiving anyone who has harmed you deep within your soul.
2. Speak scripture out loud and declare His healing power over yourself.
Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad. Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together! I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed. ...
3. Put soaking worship music on (found on YOUTUBE under "soaking worship") and worship the Lord. Focus on His blood and it cleansing you.
4. Ask God to bring His glory light, His dunamis power (the light that brings miracles and healing) to you. Jesus was covered in this shining light after He came off the mountain and performed healings, deliverances and cast out devils. That same power is in you through Christ. Jesus says we will do the same and greater things as He as done once the Holy Spirit has come upon us.
5. Enter this holy time for a minimum of 30 minutes. Do it often. God will come to you each time and His Spirit will fill you. The power of His glory light will heal you. Ask Him to bathe you in the glory light of Christ as you worship Him. He will show you when your soul wounds are healed and you will be able to move forward.
God is not our bandaid. God is the total healer of all our soul wounds. Soul wounds are an open door to the enemy and his world, so this is one reason it's important to heal them and stop what he has planned for you. Once you have nothing in common with him, he cannot enter. He cannot trespass. To learn more about this amazing healing process, go to www.expectedendministries.com and Katie Souza on YouTube. Thank you, Katie, for your teaching!
I began this process several months ago and I assure you God is revolutionizing my life! God bless you as you journey with the Lord. God's Holy Spirit can bring what no counselor or therapist ever could. He will make you new! You will be reborn in Him, cleansed, healed and victorious!
Coming Soon......His Glory and His Light!
Treasuring You in His Love,